Harvest Table Farm Manager Position Available
The Meadowview Farmers' Guild and Harvest Table Restaurant are currently accepting
applications for the position of farm manager for The Harvest Table Farm. This is a
salaried, full-time position; manager is required to live on-site at the farm residence.
• Plan and manage all plots and hoop houses on a 5-acre sustainable farm, for
year round production of annual and perennial crops for sale to the Harvest
Table as well as other local restaurants and farmers markets.
• Supervise and direct paid and volunteer helpers, interns and WWOOFers on a
seasonal basis, as well as short-term day volunteers.
• Coordinate and help organize occasional tours of the farm.
• Assist with oversight and routine operations on an extended 100-acre farm
that raises heritage Dexter cattle, Icelandic sheep, and poultry.
Position: Salary, which includes housing and utilities, is negotiable depending on
experience. Applications will be reviewed starting in early April, 2019. Would prefer new
manager to move onsite and coordinate a transition with the current farm manager.
Qualifications: We seek a person who is energetic, self-motivated, and works well
with others in a variety of situations including the challenging and unexpected. The
position requires understanding and dedication to the modern ethic of small-scale
At a minimum, the manager must have some subset of the following skills:
• Experience with starting, growing, harvesting and processing seasonal vegetables
• Good communication skills
• Comfortable with trouble-shooting and delegation of chores
• Experience with supervising co-workers and volunteers
• Basic computer and bookkeeping skills
• Some carpentry and plumbing experience would be welcome
A more thorough description of this position and its requirements is available to
interested applicants: contact Steven Hopp at email@example.com.